blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Now I Know My ABCs ~ X is for X Ray

It's time for some fun alphabet crafts!! We hope you enjoy these! If you are new, you can visit our ABC webpage to find links to any other letters we have done, letters (with books listed) coming up, as well as all the fun crafty letters we have been working on. Be sure to check it out!

image

Me and My Amazing Body by Joan Sweeney

Summary: Your little one with have fun with this book and learn about skin, bones, muscles, brain, blood and more. The little girl describes how muscles ‘stretch like rubber bands’ and more!

This x-ray version is great because you can put it together a few different ways, depending on your mood. :)

xray craft  xray craft

What You’ll Need:

  • Black and white foam sheet/construction paper 
  • Pencil {to outline}
  • Scissors
  • Glue

xray craft

How to Make the ‘X’ for X-ray:

  1. Trace and cut an uppercase ‘X’ out of the black foam sheet or construction paper. I used a smaller piece of a foam sheet that was about 4" x 2.5" in size.
  2. Using the white foam, cut out four short bones. Quick hint: if you cut the ends like you are cutting out a heart, it helps a lot!
  3. Glue the bones in an ‘X’ shape on top of the black letter ‘X’.
  4. Have fun reading the book again with your little one!

 

3 comments:

Jennie Bender said...

So cute, we just read Jessica's x-ray=) at our preschool. Love the little bones and "x."

Have you seen the "x" for xlyopnone? --same design as your bones, just bright rainbow strips of color and beads to look like the nails. I think I found it at No Time for Flash Cards.

Also, at school, a friend drew a picture of a skeleton with white crayon then did a wax resist with black watercolor paint--too cute. I think it was a Mailbox craft=) Thought I would share=)

Thanks for the pretty thoughts!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I did a totally tots jessica's xray for the letter x. http://totallytots.blogspot.com/2009/10/now-i-know-my-abcs-xx.html

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am so glad I found your site! I teach preschool and have found so many fun ideas.

I am featuring this XRay idea on my site somewhatsimple.com tomorrow- Monday, October 4th.

Thanks for the inspiration!
-Steph